Case Manager (Bridge of Hope) – part time, OCCCDA
Case Manager (Bridge of Hope) – part time
Position to begin April 2013
Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking a Case Manager for their Bridge of Hope program. The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” The Case Manager’s role is to provide case management and support services for 2 – 3 mothers and their children who are at risk of homelessness. Families participate for 12 to 24 months in the program. This includes participating in family selection, resourcing church mentor groups and providing supportive counseling for participating families to encourage financial stability and holistic growth.
The mission of the Bridge of Hope program is to call and equip compassionate people from many Christian faith traditions to exemplify Christ’s love to homeless women and children. Local sites bring together professional staff and trained church-based mentoring groups to empower homeless and at-risk single mothers to attain:
o permanent housing
o financial stability through employment
o life-changing friendships
o increased self-esteem and growth in areas of holistic living
Hours: 10-15 hours/week; flexible schedule, must be available some weekends and evenings.
1. Family Selection
2. Church mentor recruitment and training
3. Service contract development for each family
4. Case management
5. Mentor support
6. Ongoing evaluation with family
7. Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Program Director
– A commitment to the Oxford Circle community and to the holistic vision of the OCCCDA.
– Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
– Knowledge, experience and skills in working with women and children who are homeless.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via mail or e-mail to:
Chantelle Todman-Moore, Program Director
Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
900 East Howell Street
Philadelphia, PA 19149
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.