CASA Success Program and Engagement Coordinator, Villanova University
The Center for Access, Success and Achievement (CASA) Success Program and Engagement Coordinator provides administrative and managerial support for CASA programming and activities that aims to recruit, retain, and graduate underrepresented, first generation, and Pell Eligible students through holistic support in a culturally diverse and academically excellent environment. This position is primarily responsible for facilitating and mentoring CASA activities with an emphasis on retention of male students of color, managing the STOVS Summer Bridge Program and includes management of student run retention programming. The Success Program and Engagement Coordinator will be required to support occasional evening or weekend programs.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, develop and manage programs in partnership with CASA retention counselors to address evolving needs, trends and issues pertinent to the retention of CASA male students of color.
- Primary responsibility for planning, coordination and management of the St Thomas of Villanova Scholars (STOVS) Summer Program.
- Primary responsibility for coordination and planning annual events such as parent orientation information session, welcome back dinners, College Day, Wildcat Crossing, and special campus tours. Provide administrative support and oversight of student retention programs such as Lyft, WISE, Sisters Keeper.
- Provide student training, as needed. Maintains and prepares reports regarding CASA programming and monitors assigned budgets.
- Conduct research regarding best practices and coordinate data reporting regarding CASA outcomes.
- Prepare routine programming newsletter for CASA students. Maintain CASA social media presence and website.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required with 2+ years of related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of college level programming, and in particular, working with men of color, underrepresented and first generation students.
- Strong working knowledge of adolescent and young adult development
- 2 years minimum related experience.
- Excellent Time and Project Management skills.
- Excellent communication skills: both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and influence management skills, the ability to work at all levels of the organization/institution.
- Excellent ability in group facilitation.
- Strong working knowledge of Banner, Microsoft Office.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/14026
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.