Caring School Community Director, American Paradigm Schools
Posted by American Paradigm Schools on September 1, 2020
American Paradigm Schools is currently recruiting a passionate and highly collaborative Caring School Community Coordinator dedicated to supporting school teams in the pursuit of engaging and supportive school climate and community for all students! The Caring School Community Coordinator serves on a multi-disciplinary team to assess the culture and climate needs of the APS school community and creates a responsive, culturally relevant annual implementation plan for the Caring School Community program.
The Caring School Community Coordinator aligns social-emotional and behavioral intervention systems in collaboration with the partner school leadership, to create a positive learning environment and school culture for the APS School Community. They provide support and professional development addressing classroom management, school climate topics, and Caring School Community program implementation.
- Reporting to the CAO and in-conjunction with School Leadership, set and invest staff in a vision for a joyful, structured and caring school environment
- Work with all staff and students to design and implement school-wide culture systems (i.e. entry, dismissal, transition, community meetings, class meetings, etc.) aligned to the vision for school culture and monitor through structures such as Learning Walks
- Drive effective execution of Caring School Community model at APS schools
- Engage school community, staff, and caregivers in the Caring School Community model through formal professional development training and workshops. Provide frequent opportunities to discuss student growth and needs, as well as effective ways to recognize and address systemic biases and educational injustices based on race, ethnicity, ability, gender, etc.
- Clarify and distill the vast amount of research into usable frameworks for climate, culture, SEL
- Train school and APS staff in Caring School Community model continuously
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Chief Academic Officer
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.