Caring People Alliance Summer Camp
Posted by on May 4, 2009
Summer isn’t far away, have you made plans for your child’s summer camp? Here at the West Philadelphia Community Center, our summer camp planning is complete; Now all that’s missing is you! As a part of Caring People Alliance (http://www.caringpeoplealliance.org), we are a large local non-profit that has been in operation for over 75 years. We have expertise in offering a range of youth programming including early childhood learning, after school and summer camp. We would like to have your family join us for a fun filled adventure as we help children explore environmental issues with our “Go Green With Us” summer camp theme. We take pride in the fact that our program is known for the following core principles:
1. Value – Our camp offers some of the best value in the area including:
• Affordable pricing
• Daily hours from 7AM to 6PM
• Breakfast, Lunch and 2 snacks included
• Camp T-shirt included
• Trips to a variety of locations including a beach trip to Ocean City NJ, a day at Clementon Amusement park, The Philadelphia Zoo, and Jamz Roller Rink plus several other trips.
• 6 activities offered daily including computers, art, swimming and creative arts, language arts, sports& recreation, and a host of Boys and Girls Club activities focusing on leadership, character and creativity.
2. Quality – we are a state licensed facility with the following quality standards:
• DPW licensed
• PA Keystone Star Designated 3 out of 4 star program
• Member of Boys and Girls Club of America
• 39,000 sq foot facility that includes a full size swimming pool, gym, computer lab and age appropriate playground on premise.
• Highly trained and qualified staff.
If you are interested in joining us this summer please feel free to contact us for more information. Last year our camp sold out, so slots are limited and registration closes on May 29th! Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions, if you would like to set up a tour. I look forward to meeting some of you soon!
Assistant Center Director
3512 Haverford Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19104
The West Philadelphia Community Center
215 386 4075 ext. 203
Bill Butler, Center Director
Branon Gilmore, Assistant Director
To the Zoo, Art Museum, Clementon Park, Ocean City and more!!!
Lessons, Games, Free Play
*Activity Fee $100 for private pay; $150 for CCIS Subsidy participants and grant recipients.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Webinar: Helping Gun Violence Survivors – Mar 3
- Back to Work: Leveraging Your Skills to Find Better Opportunities – Mar 3
- Webinar: All About Logos – Feb 25
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.