Career Pathway Consultant-Bilingual, Montgomery County Commerce Department
Career Pathway Consultant-Bilingual
Scope of Position
To provide career support and assistance to program customers (job seekers) in all areas related to gaining and/or retaining employment and career advancement, including persons experiencing housing instability.
Due to the dynamics of working with job seekers, this position necessitates an individual who is comfortable working in an environment that is constantly evolving.
This position requires an organized individual who can efficiently handle several responsibilities simultaneously.
- Assist in the preparation of project reports as needed (participation, placement, etc.)
- Accurately complete required documentation for enrollment
- Ensure appropriate documentation is completed and received
- Design a customer-driven Individual Employment Plan (IEP)
- Work closely with Recruitment Division to pre-screen customers for employment opportunities
- Work closely with homeless non-profit provider agencies in Montgomery County, as well as Housing Resource Centers to provide career counseling to their customers on a consistent basis
- Ensure resumes and interviewing skills of customers meet hiring standards for employers with available positions
- Create solutions to customer attendance problems
- Oversee customer activities and assist with workshop schedules
- Provide individualized assessment of work
- Maintain organized database of clients and keep detailed documentation of all contacts with clients
- Coordinate customer retention services and accommodate customer work schedules
- Document all customer contacts and activities in case notes and ensure that post-placement contacts are made as required by specific contract
- Share information with appropriate staff and/or funding agencies and non-profit provider agencies, including Your Way
- Home Housing Resource Centers.
- Maintain customer files as specified by contractor
- Build a professional one-on-one working relationship with customers to aid in eliminating challenges that are hindrances to obtaining and retaining employment. This includes: assessment, individualized attention and coordination
- Ensure customers follow through with planned activities as outlined in contract with funding agency
- Help to ensure that positive outcomes and goals are met as required by contract
- Mobile Outreach to non-profit homeless provider agencies and Your Way Home Housing Resource Centers
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.