Sunrise of Philadelphia
Career Exposure Instructor, Sunrise of Philadelphia Inc.
The Career Exposure Instructor is responsible for implementing summer Career Exposure programming for Sunrise middle school students. This is a part-time, seasonal position (8 – 10 hours/week) beginning June 18th and ending August 3rd. This position works with two program sites at schools in South Philadelphia. The Career Exposure Instructor will follow a project-based curriculum for students in 6 – 8th grade that includes activities designed to introduce middle schoolers to career-related interests and get them thinking about and planning for their futures.
- Implement a 6-week Career Exposure curriculum for middle school students across two program sites
- Work with Career Exposure Lead Teacher to provide feedback and ensure program is being implemented with fidelity
- Manage student behavior and expectations both in the classroom and on trips
- Prepare materials for lessons
- Supervise field trips
- Ensure visiting speaker sessions run smoothly
- Ensure students are meeting program benchmarks
- Evaluate student work and participation
- Attend orientation and trainings the week of June 18
- Other duties as assigned and needed
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology, Child Development, Human Services, or a related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1-year experience working with middle school students in a school, community, or summer camp setting
- Knowledge of and experience with project-based learning
- Demonstrated experience implementing (not just monitoring) hands-on activities with middle school students
- Enthusiasm for helping students become better at communicating, team work, problem solving, and being creative
- Enthusiasm for helping students explore their future career options and learning more about going to college
- Positive communication skills
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and dedication to improving the lives of youth and families
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Dependable and reliable
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume to Erika Risko-Brannon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.