Campus Organizing Director, NextGen America
NextGen America is seeking passionate and hardworking candidates to join our youth organizing program that will engage young people in local and national fights to prevent climate disaster and promote prosperity for all Americans. This role will be focused on managing campus fellows in Pennsylvania as part of this ambitious effort.
In Pennsylvania, this effort will focus on organizing young people in targeted cities and regions to engage them in the state legislative process, organize actions to hold federal and local office-holders accountable and prepare for 2018 electoral work.
- Manage Regional Campus Managers in a statewide campus voter engagement program on campuses that will train part-time student fellows
- Hold Regional Campus Managers and fellows accountable for metrics and goals; ensure timely and accurate data and field reporting from fellows
- Help lead weekly training webinars and monthly fellow retreats
- Give input on which local and state issues and campaigns for opportunities to engage in
- Support the Pennsylvania State Youth Director to develop and execute campaign plans and effective organizing tactics including traditional grassroots voter contact and some creative earned media actions
- Develop and maintain relationships with young activists around the state, and identify opportunities to partner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1-3 years of field organizing and managing organizers and volunteers
- Very well organized; excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and outside organizations and be able to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to foster a cooperative, team-oriented work environment
- Experience working with VAN or Votebuilder is required
- EveryAction experience a plus
- Experience with both issue and electoral organizing
- Experience organizing in communities of color and prior training in anti-oppression, equity and inclusion organizing
- Experience working on youth organizing programs
- Experience on one or more campaigns in Pennsylvania at the local or state level
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.