Campaign manager, Early Childhood Education
JOB DESCRIPTION: ISSUES CAMPAIGN MANAGER: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
A new coalition formed by four leading Greater Philadelphia non-profit organizations is hiring a campaign manager to lead an issue-based campaign to build public support for universal access to high quality pre-k across the five counties in southeastern Pennsylvania (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia).
The successful candidate will be an individual who combines skills and experience in project, campaign and communications management. Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Coordinate the implementation of regional campaign work plans among the four organizations.
• Plan and lead regular meetings among steering committee members and coalition members.
• Create a reporting format to track campaign progress and ensure that steering committee members submit timely and accurate data.
• Meet with steering committee members individually to resolve issues and accelerate campaign progress.
• Serve as a liaison to the statewide coalition formed to promote the goals of the campaign as well as to the other regional campaigns expected to form in each of the state’s key media markets.
• Prepare updates, interim and final reports for funders and donors.
• Support additional fundraising efforts and conduct donor outreach.
Campaign Management and Strategy
• Oversee and participate in regional outreach efforts aimed at building an effective campaign coalition and develop/implement strategy for coalition member engagement.
• Serve as a liaison to the campaigns of candidates for governor and for regional PA Senate and House seats.
• Manage a rapid response system across the five counties that will ensure that candidates’ public and, when possible, private activities are used as opportunities to promote the goals of the campaign.
• Develop and implement a strategy for engaging key high-profile stakeholders across the region.
• Oversee communication consultant(s) activities focused on free media, messaging and social media.
• Lead campaign efforts to build strong relationships with the press corps in the region.
• Direct the creation of an interactive website built to recruit members, influence the media and support engagement of field volunteers.
• Develop content for web-based materials, outreach materials, Power Points, talking points and other public or private presentation materials.
The ideal candidate will bring at least two years’ experience working on a political- or issue- oriented campaign as well as at least five years’ experience in project management or a high-level managerial position. In addition, he or she will meet the following skills requirements:
Qualifications — Requirements
• Expert verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated skills in delivering effective presentations
• Experience planning and facilitating productive meetings among diverse stakeholders
• Well-developed quantitative skills
• Experience with field organizing and coalition-building
• Demonstrated understanding of the political process and the methods of influencing elected officials or campaigns
Qualification — Preferences
• Knowledge of early learning policy, stakeholders and related coalitions
• Experience working in communities across the five counties
• Knowledge of state-level politics in Pennsylvania
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Apply: Submit resume, writing sample, and a cover letter that demonstrates an understanding of the key activities necessary for an effective public issue campaign.
Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.