United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
Campaign Fundraising Specialist, United Way of GPSNJ
POSITION TITLE: Loaned Executive – Campaign Fundraising Specialist (TEMPORARY)
August 21 – December 8, 2017
POSITION SUMMARY: Seasonal position that works with full time Resource Development Staff. Loaned Executive – Campaign Specialist is responsible for assisting in the implementation of workplace fundraising plans by providing campaign consulting and customer service. Loaned Executive – Campaign Specialists serve as the primary point of contact within an assigned group of new and existing accounts.
- Develop thorough understanding of the following:
- UWGPSNJ vision, mission, value proposition & strategic objectives.
- UWGPSNJ Community Impact agenda and priorities.
- Volunteer engagement opportunities and mobilization strategies
- Specific Community Impact programs and project (products)
- Messaging platform and communication tools
- To gain this knowledge, LEs attend a two-week orientation and ongoing training.
Workplace Campaign Management:
– Analyze previous campaign activity
– Meet with Employee Campaign Chairperson and other contacts in each account to review or set objectives and develop plans to gain corporate leadership support
– Maintain frequent contact with ECC to monitor his/her comfort level and campaign progress
– Conduct campaigner training as needed with each account
– Provide consultative support to ECC and campaign teams
o joining campaign planning meetings
o planning campaign events (e.g. Kickoffs)
o coordinating guest speakers
o ordering campaign materials
o connecting account to UW Engagement team
o participating in volunteer projects
– Maintain account records on assigned accounts
o Update fundraising database (ANDAR)
o Compile notes in hard and soft copy files
– Deliver United Way presentations at Workplace Campaign gatherings
– Secure and process campaign results: ensure accurate and timely transfer of donor information from the company to UW Finance department
– Ensure appropriate recognition for the successful workplace campaigns:
o ECC thank you notes
o Provide information for campaign e-Newsletter
– Assist other LE-Campaign Specialists on account coverage as needed.
– Identify and contact potential new workplace campaign accounts to secure new sources of revenue.
Internal UW relationships
– Provide UW manager with timely and accurate reporting on campaign activities and account relationship
– Attend one-on-one meetings with UW manager
– Attend regularly scheduled LE staff meetings
– Interest in nonprofit fundraising
– Organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks
– Project Management
– Comprehensive communication skills
– Undergraduate degree or commensurate experience
– Experience in management, sales, or customer service
– Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word
– Willingness and ability to learn database software
– Daily access to a car; possession of a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance.
Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 10 lbs.
Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Individual, on-going verbal guidance and coaching is provided by Workplace Campaign Staff. Upon completion of the LE assignment, a written evaluation will be provided.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Allison Coker at email@example.com. Please include “Loaned Executive” in the subject line.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.