Camden Environmental Summit – Nov 21
Posted by Camden Collaborative Initiative on November 19, 2019
The 2019 Camden Environmental Summit agenda is packed! Here are a few highlights:
• Recognition of the 2019 Camden Environmental Heroes
• A keynote address from Carolyn Finney, Ph.D., author of Black Faces, White Spaces: Reimagining the Relationship of African Americans to the Great Outdoors, and the chance to win a signed copy of her book!
• Remarks from NJDEP and USEPA Region 2 Chiefs of Staff
• A session exploring the inequities faced by marginalized communities as a result of aging infrastructure and environmental degradation
• Five minute fast talks showcasing Camden Collaborative Initiative members in action, including Camden County Freeholder Jonathan L. Young, Sr. on Camden County’s new ban on single use plastics at County facilities and County-sponsored events
Thu, November 21, 2019
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST
Rutgers-Camden Campus Center
326 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102
As a reminder, the Summit is free for Camden residents and students!
Learn more: http://www.camdencollaborative.com
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- 7th Annual PA Statewide Youth Convening, Aug 21-22
- Virtual Town Hall on the Better Care Better Jobs Act – Jul 28
- Need In Deed Summer Book Club: Radical Equations – Aug 4,11 & 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.