Call to Action: Leaders Wanted!!!
Posted by on February 3, 2006
1. In late January 2006, LEADERSHIP Philadelphia launched the Philadelphia Connector Project, see Daily News article <a href="http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/local/13723635.htm">http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/local/13723635.htm</a>.
2. This project asks Philadelphia-area residents to imagine assembling a team of the best local people they personally know and trust, to help ensure that Philadelphia wins a hypothetical contest called, ?The World?s Greatest Place.? (This is all about getting people to envision the future of Philadelphia!) Participants are contacted by email and asked to nominate the leaders next door by visiting LEADERSHIP Philadelphia?s website and answering seven questions, and by providing email addresses and phone numbers for the people they nominate. Those nominated people will in turn be contacted and asked to do exactly the same thing, and so on.
3. The deadline for participation in this project is March 3, 2006. On that date, state-of-the-art software (designed and managed by Netform, Inc.) will sort through the names submitted and, using a series of complex mathematical algorithms, create a ?map? of the 100 most connected leaders within the area.
4. Once the most connected leaders are identified, they will be contacted by LEADERSHIP Philadelphia and asked to participate in a study to determine specifically how they do what they do. Once their connection and leadership competencies are defined, LEADERSHIP will develop a leadership/connection curriculum to teach those skills to students.
5. Call to Action: You can help by completing the survey at <a href="http://connectors.netform.com/philadelphia">http://connectors.netform.com/philadelphia</a> and by forwarding this survey on to other people.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Partnerships for Transformative Change – Dec 14
- Webinar: Honoring Ways of Knowing for Biocultural Restoration and Resilience in the Face of Climate Change – Jan 14
- Webinar: Building Bridges for Health Equity: Clinical Scholars Leadership Lessons – Dec 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.