Call for Workshops: Millennials Making a Difference
Posted by on April 20, 2009
The Midwest Consortium for Service-Learning in Higher Education invites you to submit a presentation proposal for its Sixth Annual Conference,
Millennials Making a Difference
University of Nebraska at Omaha
September 23-25, 2009
Please join us and Keynote Speakers
Mark Milliron, Catalyze Learning International
Shelley Billig, RMC Research Corporation
As we consider these conference themes:
· Innovative use of Social Media to develop, promote and manage service-learning projects.
· Academic Service-learning – Best practices of integrating service-learning into curricula, in methods of assessing learning in the experiential context and in strategies of project evaluation.
· Professional Development – Best practices in research-based, collaboratively planned, ongoing professional development for
o Faculty and staff
o Community partners
o Student leadership
· Community Partnership Development – Best practices in engaging and sustaining reciprocal, collaborative partnerships focused on addressing community issues.
o Best practices in developing collaborative community based participatory research projects in which students and faculty apply research methods to community identified and guided studies.
o Best Practices in applying research to the pedagogy of service-learning for continuous improvement.
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2009
Please see our web site for more information and to submit online: http://www.midwestconsortium.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=229:call-for-proposals&catid=55:2009-conference&Itemid=141
Deborah B. Eisloeffel
Midwest Consortium for Service-Learning
in Higher Education
200 Nebraska Union
P.O. Box 880453
Lincoln, NE 68588-0453
- Request for Proposals: 2021 Gulf-South Summit – Oct 31
- Call for Proposals: 32nd Annual National Service-Learning Conference – Dec 1
- Northeast Media Literacy Conference, Nov 6 – 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.