Public Citizens for Children and Youth (PCCY)
Call for Volunteers: Free Dental Appointments from PCCY – Mar 21-Apr 11
PCCY’s 17th annual free week of dental care is back! Give Kids A Smile Week, is April 6th through 11th. Last year, we helped more than 500 children get free dental care. This year, we want to reach even more children. To do this we need your help.
Volunteers are needed to make appointments (especially Spanish and Mandarin speakers) and pass out flyers to spread the word in targeted parts of the region. Please encourage volunteers to sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080c4aa9ae2ba1f85-give
- Sharing flyers with families and in your communities. Flyers are translated into Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabic, Khmer, Russian, Hindi, French, Bengali, Indonesian, Portuguese and Haitian-Creole, available for download at www.pccy.org/smileday
- Hang the flyer in your office where families can see it – have extras on hand for families to take with them!
- Include Give Kids A Smile Week in your email blasts and newsletters
- Put the event on your community calendars
- Feature the event on your website
- Post about Give Kids A Smile on your social media – follow us on Twitter @PCCYHealth and on Facebook at /pccypage
- Forward this information to other organizations that work with families
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.