Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia
Call for Sessions: Philanthropy Network Fall Conference
2018 Fall Conference
Call for Sessions
Proposal Deadline: August 22 at 5:00 PM
Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia is currently seeking session proposals for our 2018 Fall Conference, taking place on Friday, November 2 at the Hilton Philadelphia Penn’s Landing.
About the Fall Conference: Philanthropy Network’s fall conference is the premier annual event for regional funders to join with their grantmaking peers, nonprofit partners, and other civic leaders for networking and shared learning on issues impacting philanthropy and the quality of life in the region. The event draws high-profile speakers and attendees, attracting a sell-out crowd of over 400 attendees.
Below you will find information that will be useful to know before you submit. Please read carefully.
Date: Friday, November 2, 2018
Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing
201 S. Christopher Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Session submissions: Open to all
Proposal deadline: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 5:00 pm EDT
Notifications: Starting the second week of September
2018 Conference Session Priorities
- Showcase current or emerging trends, innovative or experimental approaches to and/or creative responses to problems or opportunities facing the sector/region;
- Spotlight a broad and diverse range funding topics, including equity, innovation, and policy;
- Highlight local perspectives that can be models for our communities within and outside of our region
- Include presenters who represent diverse perspectives and populations;
- Demonstrate collaborations within and across sectors;
- Stimulate discussion and debate, challenge conventional thinking, and/or offer different points of view;
- Provide practical advice or tips for attendees to take back to their workplaces; and/or
- Include concepts or practices that are relevant to both funders and practitioners.
Conference Sessions Formats
90-MINUTE WORKSHOP SESSIONS: Proposals may be considered for sessions that more deeply investigate a single and specific activity, topic, approach, program, or technology. Session organizers must set aside a portion of their session for direct attendee participation and discussion. (Anticipated attendance: 75-100 people)
45-MINUTE CONFERENCE SESSIONS: Breakout sessions are expository and participatory in nature. In general, sessions should include no more than two presenters per 45-minute session (unless a strong case is made in support of additional presenters; this does not include facilitators). Session organizers must set aside a portion of their time for direct attendee participation and discussion. (Anticipated attendance: 40-75 people)
15-MINUTE POPUP TOPICS: Informal, quick information sharing talks that speaks to one of our session priorities where speakers can share your experience and knowledge with your peers. These are not pitch sessions. (Anticipated attendance: Anticipated attendance: 40-75 people)
How to Propose Conference Sessions
Review the Conference Session Guidelines.
Submit online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GLV6RLT by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, August 22, 2018.
You are welcome to submit multiple session proposals, but please submit each proposal separately.
After the selection committee has selected the sessions, we will contact session organizers individually to discuss next steps.
If you have further questions, contact Theresa Jackson at 215-790-9700 x14 or email@example.com.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.