Call for Proposals: Western NY Service-Learning Coalition Conference – Mar 1
The Western New York Service-Learning Coalition invites service-learning and community-engaged faculty, staff, and administrators to submit workshop proposals for a March 1, 2019 conference entitled Unlocking Impact: Keys to Successful Partnerships. In a collaborative gathering of faculty, nonprofit organization leaders and professionals, higher education professionals, and students, we hope to provide resources and best practices to deepen the quality of partnerships, develop collaborative projects and initiatives, and define the meaning of reciprocity in the community through a combination of plenary presentations, concurrent sessions, poster sessions, and roundtable discussions.
Our conference committee is looking for 30-minute and 60-minute workshops that might consider:
- What makes a partnership between a faculty member, students, and a nonprofit organization successful?
- What is the depth of the work that goes into creating a mutually-beneficial experience in the community?
- Is it possible for colleges and universities to do more harm than good when it comes to tackling our community’s biggest challenges?
Conference Proposals are requested to be submitted online by January 15, 2019 at:
More in "Faculty Updates"
- e-Service-Learning Guide
- New Report: Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation
- Webinar: Building Inclusive and Equitable Campus Coalitions – Aug 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.