Call for Proposals, Secondary School Principals Convention
Bringing service-learning to more classrooms in our nation’s schools is one of our shared goals. Take this opportunity to consider reaching K-12 principals and other school leaders by applying to be a presenter at the 2007 National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) Convention. The deadline is May 1, 2006.
NASSP is an advocacy organization that has a membership of more than 31,000 middle level and high school principals, assistant principals, and other school leaders. About 3,000 attended the 2006 convention. Learn and Serve America’s National Service-Learning Clearinghouse was an exhibitor this year.
Apply to become a speaker on service-learning at next year’s convention:
NASSP – 91st Convention – Advocate, Lead, Achieve – February 23 – 25, 2007 – Las Vegas
Here is information on from the NASSP website:
How can I become an NASSP Convention presenter?
We invite you to submit a proposal to present at the 91st Annual NASSP Convention and Exposition in Las Vegas, NV, February 23-25, 2007. The deadline for submitting a proposal is Monday, May 1, 2006 (postmark date).
Receipt of Proposal Form: May 1, 2006
Initial Notice of Acceptance: August 31, 2006
Formal Notice of Acceptance: (Includes Speaker Confirmation Package): October 31, 2006
What Does NASSP Look for in a Proposal?
The 2007 NASSP Convention Program Committee includes practitioners from high school and middle level, as well as senior program representatives from the NASSP staff. In reviewing proposals submitted for consideration, the 2007 Committee applies the following considerations to all completed entries:
* Timeliness and relevance to leading education issues similar to the five distinct Topic Areas found inside the submission form.
* Potential to attract and stimulate the interest and concerns of the NASSP Convention audience, both middle level and high school leaders.
* Potential to offer solid, practical “how to” information to benefit the audience, with a clarity of content and session objectives that will inspire attendees to act.
* Alignment between the session’s title/description to the outline provided and ultimately, to the program delivered onsite.
* Balance between cutting-edge issues and perennial concerns, demonstrating creativity teamed with practical application.
* Completeness of the submission form, according to the guidelines provided.
Questions may be directed to the Convention Department at 703-860-7262; or 7334.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.