Call for Proposals: North Carolina After School Conference
Posted by on November 17, 2008
NC CAP Releases Request for Proposals for SYNERGY Conference
NC CAP invites presenters to complete the Request for Proposals (RFP) for the annual SYNERGY Conference, scheduled for April 29 – May 1, 2009, at the Koury Center in Greensboro. The RFP is attached and available for download online at http://www.nccap.net. The RFP submission deadline is December 1.
This fifth annual conference was created to bring together a broad spectrum of community and school-based afterschool providers for training, networking, and sharing of effective practices. Workshops will address current challenges in the field and connect those working in, partnering with, or advocating for afterschool programs with the most recent research and tools.
Conference strands are as follows:
* Building Program Capacity – parent/family engagement; faith-based, school, and community partnerships; diversity (economic, geographic, cultural, racial, behavioral, physical, gender); sustainability, grant writing, funding, advocacy
* Implementing Tools for Success – staffing, licensure, policy development, facility management, volunteer management, training and technical assistance for staff and volunteers
* Increasing Student Achievement – academics, creativity, character, service learning, mentoring, career development
* Ensuring Healthy Living – nutrition education, health, physical activity, purposeful recreation, social and emotional development, recycling, environmental education
* Stretching the Limits – technology, international education, summer learning, stress management, field trips, nature
* Supporting Our Action – linking to NC CAP Funders and Professional Development work groups; evaluation – data collection, reporting, standards, developing measurable objectives; outcome-based research; policy
SYNERGY is held in collaboration with the NC Department of Public Instruction, NC Department of Health and Human Services, NC Department of Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention, Boys & Girls Clubs, NCSU 4-H Youth Development, and the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation.
Visit http://www.nccap.net/about/conference.cfm to download the RFP and for more information and updates on SYNERGY.
- Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement Meeting 2021 – Jun 2-11
- Call for Papers: Environmental Justice, ENGAGE! – Apr 5
- Submit a Proposal for the HIV Prevention and Education Virtual Conference – Mar 24
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.