Call for Proposals: CSNAP (Citizenship, Service, Networking and Partnerships) Student Conference
Posted by North Carolina Campus Compact on September 22, 2014
CSNAP (Citizenship, Service, Networking and Partnerships) Student Conference
“Raise Your Voice and Take Action”
November 7-8, 2014 at NC State University, Raleigh, NC
Call for Proposals
Deadline: October 3rd
CSNAP is the largest annual conference in the Southeast developing college students to be effective leaders and participants in civic/community engagement. The 2014 CSNAP marks the 21st anniversary of this event.
We are seeking proposals for workshops with the following outcomes:
1) Develop leadership skills of students to manage campus-community civic engagement programs.
2) Provide models of civic/community engagement projects or programs. We are especially interested in models that are unique, innovative, sustainable, and replicable.
3) Demonstrate the effective use of the arts and/or social media to draw attention to/give voice to social issues.
3) NEW THIS YEAR – Priority will be given to workshops that help students understand how to be effective activists, advocates, and policymakers on the front line of social change.
Register To Attend
Deadline: October 13th
Now more than ever, young leaders are necessary to address the pressing issues facing our nation and world. Our theme this year reflects the critical need for thoughtful voices to bring attention to the challenges but also the need for strategic action to address them. Participants will be introduced to the issues underlying the need for service and to best practices that build their understanding of how to engage, while networking with other students who are leading community engagement work on their campuses.
Friday night includes a group service project, dinner, and reflection. Saturday includes plenary sessions and workshops. The keynote speakers are Jason Lee, Executive Director of the Jubilee Project, and Josephus III of the Poetry Project.
Learn more here.
- Request for Proposals: 2021 Gulf-South Summit – Oct 31
- Call for Proposals: 32nd Annual National Service-Learning Conference – Dec 1
- Northeast Media Literacy Conference, Nov 6 – 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.