Call for Proposals: 4th Annual Sowing Change, Deadline Dec. 2
Posted by Susquehanna University on November 19, 2019
The Sowing Change Planning Committee welcomes workshop and session proposals from:
- Community organizations
- Faculty, staff, and students from higher education institutions
- Gardeners, farmers, and other agricultural experts
- Anyone with something to contribute to the mission of Sowing Change
Workshop proposals should be designed to support the work of campus and community garden programs, food access programs (food banks, hot meal programs, etc.), or other programs, organizations, or individuals seeking to address food insecurity in Central Pennsylvania. The Planning Committee is seeking proposals for four 1-hour sessions. Sessions may be structured as traditional presentations, panel discussions, interactive workshops, etc. Potential topics could include best practices for food distribution, techniques for sustainable agricultural practices, information on food access issues in Central PA, and much more – we encourage presenters to think creatively!
Proposals will be accepted through Monday, December 2, 2019. Applicants will be notified of acceptance/denial by December 13. Presenters whose proposals are selected will receive free event registration (including breakfast and lunch) and may receive travel compensation if required.
Link to proposal: https://forms.gle/rRWLGQHzsySxwD9c7
More in "Faculty Updates"
- Second Community of Practice Boundary Spanning Leadership – Jul 16
- Webinar: Fostering S-LCE Faculty Development Spaces to Center Antiracist Pedagogy – Aug 5
- Webinar: Fostering the Creative Imagination in S-LCE Faculty Development Through Disruption, COVID-19 and Beyond – Jul 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.