Call for Proposals: 26th Annual CUMU Conference, Beyond Boundaries – Apr 24
The Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities invites proposals for our 26th Annual Conference, Beyond Boundaries: From Hyperlocal to Regional Collaborations, October 19–21, 2020 in San Diego, CA.
CUMU member institutions are at the forefront of developing innovative solutions to changing educational, social, and economic challenges—work that aligns with our core public-engaged mission and expands the boundaries of institutional impacts. Through hyperlocal and regional collaborations, that are both equitable and reciprocal, CUMU members and their partners will be uniquely positioned to play an ever important role in creating new pathways for future success.
Beyond Boundaries: From Hyperlocal to Regional Collaborations invites presenters to reflect on the diverse needs of our metropolitan areas and to identify collaborative approaches, not only between government, healthcare, corporate, and community partners, but also among neighboring colleges and universities and surrounding residents. Presentations should take into account the following major themes:
- Place-Based Hyperlocal Community Engagement
- Student Success and Support
- Equity, Inclusion, and Social Justice
- Inclusive Real Estate Development
- Job Creation and Workforce Development
- Local Procurement Strategies
- Regional Collaborations and Partnerships
Submissions are due April 24, 2020.
A blend of short presentations and deep-dive discussions allow for in-depth conversations and actionable next steps.
- Best Practices: Presenters will showcase their work and/or methodologies; highlight what worked; and present positive outcomes in our traditional presentation format.
- Lightning Sessions: In under five minutes, presenters will inspire attendees to learn more about a topic in a quick, engaging, inspirational, and most importantly, fun way.
- Panel Presentation: A group of panelists with diverse view points and perspectives will create a question and answer dialogue around a topic.
- Mini Workshop: In these how-to-sessions, presenters will create a focused, interactive session that engages attendees on new processes, infrastructure, or policy approaches.
- Community Conversations: A facilitator will lead a discussion around hot topics and issues facing our campuses and communities and facilitate an interactive experience.
- Poster Sessions: Gain significant attention for your work in a more social atmosphere.
Review major themes and submit a proposal: https://www.cumuonline.org/annual-conference/call-for-proposals/?utm_source=CUMU+Membership&utm_campaign=91d7826bc7-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_02_03_05_18&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bf28fdfe6b-91d7826bc7-84836249&mc_cid=91d7826bc7&mc_eid=b589845d52
Learn more about the conference: https://www.cumuonline.org/annual-conference/?utm_source=CUMU+Membership&utm_campaign=91d7826bc7-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_02_03_05_18&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bf28fdfe6b-91d7826bc7-84836249&mc_cid=91d7826bc7&mc_eid=b589845d52
More in "Faculty Updates"
- Taking Research Public: Tips for Writing Effective Op-Eds – Oct 8
- New Issue: Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement
- Campus Compact 2020 Election Series: Solutions Journalism: A Tool for Creating Civic Empowerment – Oct 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.