National College Attainment Network
Call for Proposals: 2020 NCAN National Conference, Marching Toward Equity – Mar 20
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 27TH
NCAN is pleased to announce the opening of the call for proposals for the 2020 NCAN National Conference, “Marching Toward Equity: NCAN’s 25th Anniversary Conference.”
Do you have effective practices, data, or experiences about which your peers in the college access and success field would benefit from learning? If so, please consider submitting a proposal to present at this year’s conference.
Submit a proposal here: https://www.ncan.org/page/2020NationalConference
The 2020 conference will take place Sept. 14 -16 at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana. We anticipate record registration and attendance this year to help NCAN celebrate our 25th anniversary.
The major topics of discussion at the 2020 NCAN National Conference will be:
- Data Into Practice
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Equity and Opportunity
- Financial Aid and Literacy
- K-12 Practice for Postsecondary Success
- Organizational Leadership and Capacity Building
- Policy and Advocacy
- Postsecondary Access and Readiness
- Student Success in Postsecondary Education and Careers
For a detailed description of each major topic area topic, as well as this year’s hot topics, click here: https://www.ncan.org/page/2020MajorTopics
Conference workshops will be presented in two formats:
- Effective practice workshops are traditional conference workshops with a panel and/or presentation and time for audience Q&A. Attendees will leave these workshops with a new idea or strategy to implement when they get home. Effective practice workshops are 60 minutes long.
- World café workshops include several, brief, intimate roundtable presentations that take place simultaneously. World café workshops are also 60 minutes long, so attendees can participate in three roundtable discussions during each 60-minute workshop.
The call for proposals closes Friday, March 20. We encourage you to submit an application to present at the 2020 NCAN National Conference.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.