Call for Proposals: 2018 Equity in the Center Summit
October 9-10 in Baltimore, MD
Thank you for your interest in the 2018 #EiCSummit! Our team is excited about the thought provoking plenaries and workshops being developed for the October convening. In addition to exploring research from Equity in the Center’s (EiC) Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Culture publication, 2018 Summit themes will include decolonizing the social sector, addressing race equity in an intersectional context, and the role of foundations in driving race equity funding strategies.
Building on momentum the EiC network has gained since the 2017 Summit, our goal is to provide opportunities for leaders and organizations to increase capacity to drive race equity internally and across the sector. Nonprofit and philanthropic leaders will provide case examples of how organizations have successfully moved through the Race Equity Cycle, as well as share insights on the funding and capacity building strategies and tactics necessary to make progress toward race equity within organizations, across the social sector and in society broadly. For further details on Summit logistics and sponsorship opportunities, please click below.
2018 EiC Summit Workshop Proposal
Thank you for your interest in facilitating a workshop at the 2018 Equity in the Center Summit! The agenda has slots for 90-minute and 60-minute sessions and on October 10, 2018. We are accepting proposals that explore the following Summit themes:
1) How organizations use management and operational levers to shift from Awake to Woke to Work in building a Race Equity Culture
2) Decolonizing the social sector (which includes nonprofit, philanthropic, impact investing, social enterprise and venture philanthropy organizations)
3) Strategies for redistributing power to Native and People of Color-led organizations/communities
4) Addressing race equity in an intersectional context
5) Race and other identity-based caucusing on building a Race Equity Culture
Proposals will be accepted until August 31, 2018.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.