Call for Proposals: 14th Annual Continuums of Service Conference
The Call for Proposals for the 14th Annual Continuums of Service Conference, April 27-29, 2011 is now open!
The 14th Annual Continuums of Service Conference is dedicated to highlighting higher education’s ground-breaking response to these tumultuous times. In spite of their own economic struggles, colleges and universities are involved in addressing major issues confronting our world today – from health disparities, poverty, and illiteracy, to immigrant rights, global warming, and economic development.
The 14th Annual Continuums of Service Conference will showcase higher education’s best and most promising practices for:
* Developing creative solutions to environmental challenges
* Teaching for global competency
* Building sustainable service-learning programs in partnership with communities
* Securing resources to meet basic human needs, including food, housing, and health and safety services
* Improving college access and success while closing the achievement gap
* Convening problem-solving summits focused on the most crucial and complex issues of the day, including immigration, race, and social justice
The Continuums of Service Conference has a long-standing history of invigorating participants to explore issues from diverse perspectives. The 2011 Continuums of Service Conference promises to creatively examine strategies maximizing the impacts of higher education strategies that address today’s critical issues.
We invite you to join us in San Diego, California on April 27-29, 2011 to share your knowledge, skills, and ideas; and to network with colleagues from across the western region.
Visit the COS website for complete Continuums of Service information and to learn more about the Call for Facilitators and Call for Reviewers.
See you in San Diego!
California Campus Compact
Hawaii and Pacific Islands Campus Compact
Oregon Campus Compact
Washington Campus Compact
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.