National College Access Network
Call for Presenters: Making Waves in Postsecondary Access and Success
Apply to Present at the NCAN 2017 National Conference!
Join the NCAN national conference, Making Waves in Postsecondary Access and Success, by applying to present a session! The conference will take place September 11-13, 2017 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina in San Diego, California. We encourage you to submit a proposal to present your effective practice, research and/or success. We will accept proposals until Friday, March 17.
Over 1,000 people attended the 2016 NCAN conference in Detroit where we presented four pre-conference sessions and over 70 workshop sessions. We anticipate the same for this year.
This year’s proposed presentations must fall into one of the following major topics and session formats listed below:
- Connecting College and Career Success
- Equity and Opportunity
- Financial Aid and Literacy
- Management and Leadership
- Networks and Collective Impact
- Policy and Advocacy
- Postsecondary Access and Readiness
- Research, Data, and Evaluation
- Student Success in Postsecondary Education
Click here for detailed descriptions of each of these major topics.
Session Formats: This year, we are requesting that proposals fall into one of two session formats:
- Effective Practices sessions: “traditional” NCAN conference sessions of either 60 or 75 minutes in length.
- 7-14-28 presentations: seven minute fast-paced presentations with no more than 14 slides/no smaller than 28 point font. We encourage you to submit a proposal to present in this innovative format that was very popular last year!
For more information on these formats, click here.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.