Call for Papers: Service-Learning Review
Posted by on August 23, 2002
[K-12 Service Learning listserv]
Call for Papers: "The Service-Learning Review"
"THE SERVICE-LEARNING REVIEW"
The New Journal of the National Service-Learning Clearinghouse!
"Supporting quality service-learning programs in Communities, K-12 Schools, Higher Education, and the Tribal Nations"
The Service-Learning Review provides a forum for the recognition and exchange of service-learning practices, and resources across diverse settings: communities, schools, colleges and universities, and Tribal Nations. Practitioners will be both audience and authors for the journal.
The Service-Learning Review is rigorous and competitive in its selection of manuscripts. Articles must be applied and useful to readers. The goal is to build quality and expand participation in service-learning endeavors.The Service-Learning Review will publish manuscripts that share new perspectives based on replicated practices, evidence-based studies, analysis and reflection on key service-learning policy issues.
The Clearinghouse seeks authors from among Learn and Serve America grantees and other service-learning practitioners and scholars. Selection is competitive. Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed by a panel of service-learning experts representing different types of service-learning programs and settings.
Guidelines for Manuscript Submission and Review
1. Full manuscripts MUST BE RECEIVED BY MONDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2002.
Manuscript’s should be in Microsoft Word or rich text format (RTF) only, 12-point font size, double-spaced. Length should be no more than 25 pages and no less than 15 pages.
2. Use American Psychological Association style guide, 5th edition for general formatting, citations and references.
3. Include a cover letter with information on mailing address, phone, fax, and email of each author.
4. Review and selection will be completed by December 1. Final acceptance may depend on authors’ willingness to make reviewer-recommended revisions.
SUBMIT by email (preferred) or by sending disk (Microsoft Word, PC only) to:
Barbara A. Holland, Director
National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
4 Carbonero Way
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
Questions? Visit http://www.servicelearning.org/library/journals/nslc_journal/index.html or call 866-245-7378 ext. 229
NSLC is a project of ETR Associates funded by the Corporation for Nationaland Community Service under Cooperative Agreement No. 01CA-CA0012.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Invitation to Apply: Periclean Voter Engagement Fellow – $250 Award – Sep 21
- Webinar: Back to School: Perspectives From the American Public on Postsecondary Education – Aug 12
- Webinar Series: Voices from the States, 2Gen Champions in Action – Aug 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.