Call for Papers: Online Conference on Community Organizing
Posted by on April 28, 2006
~~COMM-ORG 2006 Call For Papers~~
Have you written a paper on:
* community organizing?
* community development?
* community planning?
* community-based research?
* a related area?
COMM-ORG is looking for papers to post on the COMM-ORG Papers page, http://comm-org.wisc.edu/papers.htm. All papers are posted on the COMM-ORG website and announced on its accompanying list-serve, which reaches over 1000 people across more than a dozen nations. We welcome discussion of all papers on the list-serve and encourage our members to also send comments directly to authors.
To submit a paper contact the editor, Randy Stoecker, at email@example.com.
Authors retain complete control over their work, and COMM-ORG supports authors revising their papers for submission to journals, trade publications, or anywhere. Because COMM-ORG is an on-line “conference,” papers presented on COMM-ORG are easily published in journals and other official publications.
COMM-ORG welcomes papers from scholars, organizers, and scholar-organizers. We also welcome previously published hard-to-find writing.
We are especially interested in papers on the following and other topics:
* What works and what doesn’t in community organizing, planning, and development.
* Real-life stories of community organizing and/or development campaigns.
* The relationships between theories and practices in community organizing.
* The history of community organizing in a changing structural-historical context.
* Linkages between community organizing and community development.
* Linkages between community organizing and planning.
* The roles of religious institutions in community organizing.
* Linkages between community organizing and social movements.
* The roles of gender, race, identity, and ideology in community organizing.
* Activist-academic collaborations in community organizing.
- Call for Proposals: 2021 Summit, Coming Together for the Common Good – Dec 7
- Student Success in the Early Grades, ASCD Symposium – Dec 9
- 2021 Leadership Summit on Educator Mental Health and Wellness – Jan 27-29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.