Call for Papers: Community Engagement Institute 2015
Community Engagement Institute 2015
Call For Papers: Due February 1, 2015
Sponsored by the Inland Northwest Service-Learning Partnership
Gonzaga University, Eastern Washington University, Spokane Falls Community College, Whitworth University, Washington State University
INSLP (Inland Northwest Service-Learning Partnership) welcomes faculty, staff and community representatives to the 2015 Intercollegiate Community Engagement Institute (CEI) May 21-22, 2015 in Spokane, WA. This two-day institute provides opportunities to connect and learn with colleagues to promote community engaged teaching and scholarship that positively impacts our students and communities.
What is the CEI? The institute brings together administrators, faculty, staff and community representatives from the Inland Northwest to discuss Service-Learning and community engagement initiatives, share promising practices and examine how institutions may become better able to seek solutions to complex challenges. The conference seeks to share innovations in Service-Learning pedagogy and scholarship as well as to further discussions about the meaningful engagement of higher-education and communities to respond collaboratively to issues of need.
Why Spokane? The CEI brings campus and community partners together in a traditional gathering place, near the Spokane River falls, each year. This location emphasizes the importance of place and recognizes the responsibilities that institutions of higher education bear to the communities in which they live. We draw inspiration from the geography of our region and the Spokane River to examine the changing currents of campus/community partnerships that bring about innovative and strategic responses to community needs.
Call For Papers for 2015 Conference
Seeking presentations in one of three areas:
• “Burst of Brilliance” or “BOB” Signature talks: a 10 minute talk profiling inspiring and/or innovative Service-Learning or engagement programs.
• New research: papers may address new research in one of three areas: service-learning pedagogy; community based research (research within and for community outcomes); campus/community engagement strategies (institutional effectiveness in community partnerships).
• Theory and application: papers may address either emerging theoretical paradigms of university engagement and service-learning pedagogy or apply existing theory to community or classroom contexts.
To submit a proposal go to: https://orgsync.com/71132/forms/126488
- Student Success in the Early Grades, ASCD Symposium – Dec 9
- 2021 Leadership Summit on Educator Mental Health and Wellness – Jan 27-29
- Call for Proposals: Global Citizenship: Acknowledging Interconnectedness and Cultivating Social Justice – Dec 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.