Call for Papers: Community Driven Research
[posted from CoRAL Network newsletter]
Call for Papers- 2005 CoRAL Conference
Event: Call for Papers for the 2005 Conference on Community Driven Research in the National Capital Region- “Building Social Capital in the Nation’s Capital”
Hosted by: The Community Research and Learning (CoRAL) Network
Deadline: March 1, 2005
More Info Contact: email@example.com
CoRAL invites submissions of abstracts for panel sessions, papers, poster presentations and workshops on a range of topics, including:
* Successful Schools and educational innovations for K-12, higher education, and adult learners
* Healthy families/ healthy communities
* Livable wages, employment opportunities and job training
* Affordable Housing for all
* Building and preserving diverse communities
* Using culture and the arts to promote community development
* Faith and spirituality as resources for community building
* other related topics
Please submit an abstract of no more than 150 words. Please have the following information gathered before submitting your abstract at the submissions form link above:
1. Name(s) and institutional affiliation(s) of presenter (s); identify primary contact person.
2. Brief problem statement (1-2 sentences) as background;
3. The research question or issue addressed;
4. Description of research conducted or intervention implemented (population and geographic area, data collection, information analysis); how were community members involved in this research or intervention?
5. Results and conclusions; how is the project relevant to people in the greater DC-area? How can the findings be used to improve the quality of life in the national capital region?
6. Recommendations for policy, program design, and future community-based research.
Also, the submissions form will require you to indicate your preferred format for presentation from the following:
Panel: 3-5 presenters plus a moderator on a single topic; 90 min
Workshop: skills-based exchange of ideas, methodologies or techniques; 90 min
Paper: Single presenter, 10- 15 min presentation
Poster: Size must be at least 3′ x 2′; presenter must be available at lunch to facilitate session.
If your abstract proposal is accepted, you will be notified before April 1, 2005. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your abstract!
For more information, visit: http://www.coralnetwork.org/conference/call_for_papers.html
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.