Corporation for National and Community Service
Call for Papers and Presentations: 2019 Research Summit, Due July 22
The Corporation for Nation and Community Service (CNCS) Office of Research and Evaluation (ORE) is excited to announce our 2019 Research Summit!
Date: September 16-17, 2019
Location: Crystal City Double Tree, 300 Army Navy Dr, Arlington, VA 22202
This year’s theme is Bridging Divides, Building Communities. Scholars, practitioners, and citizens working to improve the quality of life in communities may share a common goal but often diverge in their strategies. In part, this is due to different sets of expertise, perspective, and experience. These differences can create counterproductive silos of effort. Transcending the boundaries of our own communities is necessary if we are to create solutions to our most pressing problems. Please join us in a conversation about improving lives, strengthening communities, and fostering civic engagement through national service and volunteering. We have much to learn from from each other.
We have three major goals:
- Engage audiences who have a wide array of experiences and expertise, including scholars, community partners, community residents, students, CNCS staff and grantees, policy makers, practitioners, and other federal staff, in a conversation about strengthening communities
- Create opportunities for shared learning across government, universities, community-based organizations, schools, and other institutions that can be a part of imagining and building vibrant communities
- Share knowledge of the ways in which national and community service volunteers are building communities and expanding research and practice in the field of civic engagement
We invite you to share your expertise on bridging divides and building communities either as a scholar or a practitioner. Everyone has a skill to share, so we are allowing for a variety of presentation types, traditional papers, multimedia, workshops, and creatively designed posters. Please click here for more information on the types of presentations available and any specific requirements for submission.
- Submit an abstract: http://www.2019cncsresearchsummit.com/Call-for-Papers
- Deadline for submission: July 22, 2019 (3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. PT)
- Decisions: You will hear from us by the end of second week of August
More Faculty Updates
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.