Call for Nominations: The K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award – Oct 1
The K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award recognizes graduate students who show exemplary promise as future leaders of higher education and who are committed to academic innovation in the areas of equity, community engagement, and teaching and learning. The award honors the work of K. Patricia Cross, professor emerita of higher education at the University of California–Berkeley.
All doctoral-level graduate students who are planning a career in higher education are eligible, regardless of academic discipline. Graduate students in fields where the master’s degree is the terminal degree, such as the MFA in art, are also eligible. Nominees must hold student status in January 2021 and demonstrate
- leadership ability or potential for exercising leadership in teaching and learning, with a strong commitment to academic innovation, community engagement, and equity; and
- leadership or mentorship in the development of others as leaders, scholars, and citizens.
Eligible students must be nominated by a faculty member or administrator; self-nominations will not be accepted. The following nomination materials are required:
- letter of nomination from a faculty member or administrator
- supporting letter from a second faculty member or administrator
- statement from the student indicating how he or she meets the award criteria
- copy of the student’s curriculum vitae
Nominations must be received no later than October 1, 2020.
The K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award provides full financial support for recipients to attend AAC&U’s Annual Meeting, which will be held from January 22–25, 2021. The award also includes a one-year affiliation with AAC&U and subscription to Liberal Education magazine.
The awards will be announced in December 2020 and recognized at the AAC&U Annual Meeting in January.
Learn more about the award and submit a nomination: https://www.aacu.org/about/crossaward/2021-crossaward
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Growing Relationships in a Pandemic: A Toolkit – Nov 2 or 9
- Webinar: Closing the Perceptions Gap Among Stakeholders on the Work Readiness of College Graduates – Oct 28
- Webinar: Focus on Justice – Oct 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.