Call for Nominations: NSEE Awards of Excellence
Have you been inspired by someone in the field? Would you like to nationally recognize a faculty or staff member, teacher, community partner or philanthropist?
Each year, the National Society for Experiential Education honors our colleagues in K-12, higher education, community organizations and corporations or foundations who are making significant contributions to the field of experiential education. Prior award winners include presidents, teachers, deans, and community partners.
Consider nominating a colleague today! Nominations will be accepted until March 4th, 2019, with winners notified by May 1, 2019. Winners will be formally recognized at NSEE’s 48th Annual Conference at St. Pete Beach, Florida in September.
We encourage you to nominate your partners and colleagues for these awards:
- Outstanding Experiential Education Program Award
- Outstanding Leader in Experiential Education: Higher Education Award
- Outstanding Leader in Experiential Education: K-12 Award
- Outstanding Leader in Experiential Education: Community-Based Organization Award
- Outstanding Leader in Experiential Education: Corporate or Foundation Award
- Outstanding Experiential Education Rising Leader Award
- Outstanding Experiential Education Research
- Dissertation of the Year Award
Can I nominate myself?
Yes, you can!
Can I nominate more than one person?
Yes, there is no limit to how many individuals or organizations you can nominate in each category, or across categories. Previous award winners and current board members are not eligible for awards.
Does the nominee need to be a member of NSEE?
No, but the nomination form does ask whether the nominee’s institution or organization is a member of NSEE.
Do I need to be a member of NSEE to nominate someone?
No, nominations are open to all.
What information will I need to nominate someone?
The online nomination form requires the nominee’s resume or curriculum vitae as well as their contact information, contact information of their supervisor and relevant supporting documents.
When will the nominee be contacted?
The nominee will be notified of their nomination by mid-March 2019. They will be notified of their award status by early May 2019.
Questions: Contact Erica Ely, NSEE Awards of Excellence Chair, email@example.com
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Invitation to Apply: Periclean Voter Engagement Fellow – $250 Award – Sep 21
- Webinar: Back to School: Perspectives From the American Public on Postsecondary Education – Aug 12
- Webinar Series: Voices from the States, 2Gen Champions in Action – Aug 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.