Call for Contributions to the AATSP Journal
Posted by on May 17, 2002
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE VOLUME
JUNTOS – Community Partnerships in Spanish and Portuguese
Editor: Josef Hellebrandt (Santa Clara University)
Associate Editors: Jonathan Arries (William and Mary, VA)
Luc?a Varona (Santa Clara University)
PURPOSE OF PUBLICATION: to provide teachers, community members and support personnel with the perspectives, tools and resources necessary for building successful learning collaborations in Spanish and Portuguese
AUDIENCE: Spanish and Portuguese teachers at all levels, community members, academic and non-academic support personnel at high schools, colleges and universities, and community agencies.
– theoretical essays that illuminate promising perspectives in secondary and higher education from the perspective of AATSP (service-learning, civic engagement, ethics, scholarship of engagement, learning communities, etc., and the importance of such concepts & perspectives within the context of the National Standards and research)
– descriptive/pedagogical essays about prominent service-learning programs and best practices at high schools, colleges, and universities in the US as well as Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries abroad, highlighting the roles of community members, teachers, students, and agency staff in learning partnerships
– essays that describe practical tools for all stages of successful community partnerships: planning and course design, project implementation and addressing challenges, assessment and reflection
– bibliographical annotations on items in the literature and resources of relevance to those interested in service-learning
LANGUAGE: English, Spanish, Portuguese
LENGTH & FORMAT: 15 – 25 double-spaced pages, including syllabi in the case of pedagogical essays. Articles must conform to MLA format.
SUBMISSIONS: Authors should send manuscripts as an e-mail attachment to all three editors: (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com). In addition, authors should send a copy of the manuscript on paper and disk (MS Word preferred) to:
Department of Modern Languages
Santa Clara University,
Santa Clara, CA 95053-0300
DEADLINE: December 15, 2002
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Summer Science Inquiry Institute for Teachers – Aug 3-7
- Second Community of Practice Boundary Spanning Leadership – Jul 16
- Webinar: Fostering S-LCE Faculty Development Spaces to Center Antiracist Pedagogy – Aug 5
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.