Call for Community of Practice Facilitators, Campus Compact
Posted by Campus Compact on August 4, 2020
Campus Compact is currently seeking co-facilitators for our Fall CoP series (September through early December). To apply, please fill out the interest form available here: https://credential.compact.org/micro-credentials/preparation-opportunities/communities-of-practice/hosting-a-cop/
Applications will be accepted through Monday, August 10, 2020
Communities of practice (CoPs) can play a significant role in helping community engagement professionals (CEPs) advance their professional learning and prepare to earn certification by:
- Providing participants the space to share, reflect on, and build their knowledge around key competencies they are expected to demonstrate to earn certification, and
- Providing a valued “cohort” experience for collegial support as participants reflect on their professional practice and prepare materials for certification through the Community Engagement Professional Credentialing Program.
- Campus Compact offers CoP design and technical support to co-facilitators as well as “pairing” assistance to those who co-facilitate offerings at institutional, state, regional, or national levels.
Campus Compact encourages and supports CoPs that:
- Are designed to be democratic and allow for the active, ongoing, and inclusive participation of all community members; they should not be designed simply as a set of didactic knowledge transfer workshops or webinars.
- Embrace and embody the following equity-based principles: that (a) everyone has knowledge to share, (b) everyone has learning to do, and (c) participants bring many identities and ways of knowing and that such diverse expressions should be encouraged and incorporated into CoP activities.
- Typically, the timing of a CoP offering is aligned with a specific micro-credential Enrollment Period. In other words, the CoP should complete its activities in time for participants to finish and upload their application materials before enrollment period submission deadlines.
For more information, visit: https://credential.compact.org/micro-credentials/preparation-opportunities/communities-of-practice/hosting-a-cop/
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: Facilitating Democracy: Fostering Civic Conversations in College Classrooms and Online – Sep 28
- Webinar: Increasing International Connections for Knowledge Mobilization – Oct 15
- Webinar: Pathways of Public Service and Civic Engagement – Oct 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.