By and For Communities of Color in Times of Crisis – Aug 5
Posted by Case Western Reserve University on August 4, 2020
Wed, August 5, 2020
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM EDT
2020 has seen the effects of COVID-19 disproportionately impact the health and economic status of our communities of color. This comes on top of the longstanding effects of systemic racism, punctuated by recent police killings and spurring widespread protests. Meanwhile, nonprofits operate under tremendous vulnerability and have been hard hit by the effects of the pandemic. For many nonprofits, the coming months present significant challenge in maintaining their mission and staying in business. This panel features four leaders of color from settlement agencies that have long and close relationships with the communities they serve. They will offer commentary on the implications of the current reality, with observations on how nonprofits can best advance the cause of justice for communities of color. Presented by the Master of Nonprofit Organizations Program; Rob Fischer, PhD, Chair.
Moderator: Jennifer R. Madden, MNO 1995, PhD, Adjunct Instructor, Case Western Reserve University; President, Leverage Point Development
- Yolanda Armstrong, MSSA 1994, President & CEO, Friendly Inn Settlement, Inc.
- Cynthia Connolly, MPA, Vice President, Board of Directors, University Settlement
- Rachelle Milner, MSSA 2000, Executive Director, West Side Community House
- Zulma Zabala, JD/MPA, CEO, East End Neighborhood House
***Registration required to receive link sent day before event.*** Registrants will also receive links to video recording and presentations following the program.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: Facilitating Democracy: Fostering Civic Conversations in College Classrooms and Online – Sep 28
- Webinar: Increasing International Connections for Knowledge Mobilization – Oct 15
- Webinar: Pathways of Public Service and Civic Engagement – Oct 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.