Business Development Specialist
Posted by Community Integrated Services on May 5, 2014
Community Integrated Services is a non-profit agency that helps enable people with disabilities to become fully integrated into and involved in their communities. Our focus is to support people as they find and keep jobs in the community.
We are searching for Business Development Specialists who are able to leverage your business acumen and professional experience to help others to find rewarding, meaningful careers. The position involves working closely with job seekers and the business community. It requires a solid understanding of local industries and employment opportunities, and at least one to three years of experience in business development, sales, human resources, job development, recruitment or marketing. Strong research skills and a solid understanding of job search strategies are essential. Strong communication and computer skills are required.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop community job leads for assigned individuals meeting their needs, desires and capabilities.
- Responsible for managing a caseload of roughly 25 employment seeking individuals.
- Document quality employment contacts for each individual.
- Attend networking events to obtain employment contacts on individual’s behalf.
- Set up meetings with prospective employers to explain employment services.
The position requires a high degree of organization and creative thinking. Knowledge of disability-related issues and the employment service system is a plus, but we will train the right candidate.
- Senior Program Director, Phila. Academies
- Job Opportunities + Landscaping Career Development Program – Feb 5
- Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Community Behavioral Health
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.