Business Development Manager, Fairmount Park Conservancy
Business Development Manager, Fairmount Park Conservancy
The Fairmount Park Conservancy exists to champion the Fairmount Park system. The Conservancy’s mission is to work as a collaborative partner to lead and support efforts which preserve and improve Fairmount Park to enhance the quality of life and stimulate the economic development of the Greater Philadelphia Region. The Conservancy fulfills this mission by leading signature capital projects and innovative programs throughout the Fairmount Park system, developing and leveraging resources, and promoting the park’s unique assets and contributions, while working closely with Philadelphia’s Department of Parks and Recreation.
The Fairmount Park system covers more than 11,000 acres and is considered one of the largest urban park systems in the world. It includes a network of more than 120 neighborhood parks and contains some of the region’s most famous treasures and attractions. The Conservancy is helping create and maintain a world-class, pre-eminent park system, and a national model for urban revitalization, sustainability, and civic engagement. We believe that parks can be catalysts for positive change in our city. We believe better parks make our individual lives healthier, our neighborhoods safer, and our region more competitive.
Fairmount Park Conservancy is seeking a Business Development Manager who will assist in bringing vibrant concessions into the parks that provide enhanced user experience, needed goods and services, and revenue to support park projects, programs and capital improvements. This position will be responsible to help create a pipeline of engaging and revenue-generating opportunities for the park, develop relationships with prospective concessionaires/vendors, and work closely with Philadelphia Parks and Recreation staff towards their implementation. The Business Development Manager will also support existing park concessions through provision of technical assistance, linkage to resources and programs, and enhanced marketing and promotions. This position reports directly to the Conservancy’s Senior Director of Operations and Planning.
– Serve as key member of Conservancy/Philadelphia Parks & Recreation concession team to create new and viable park experiences and businesses
– Foster positive partnerships and communication between concession businesses, residents and community members
– Develop relationships with Philadelphia business owners and leaders, informing them about park concessions and soliciting ideas for new opportunities
– Research, share and assist in implementing unique and best practices in concession development and support based upon national models and trends
– Develop, update and maintain portfolio of business support and development organization, programs and resources
– Cultivate relationships with business support and development entities such as the City of
Philadelphia Commerce Department
– Manage community processes to solicit input on and address concerns regarding new or ongoing concessions in Fairmount Park
– Assist in compiling statistics and data related to economic impact (jobs, revenue generated, etc.) of concessions and tenants in the Fairmount Park system
– Assist in ensuring concessionaires receive timely service from the City of Philadelphia and attain all approvals, permits, licenses, etc. to operate legally and efficiently
– Support Conservancy leadership in developing future projects, as well as organizational capacity and expertise
– Support other Conservancy efforts such as events, park stewardship and preservation as needed
– Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field
– Minimum of three to five years work experience in sales, marketing, small business support, commercial corridors, etc.
– Knowledge of business development resources, programs and organizations
– Ability to work and communicate effectively with government agencies, funders and community stakeholders
– Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage competing priorities
– Manage multiple tasks simultaneously in an efficient and timely manner
– Excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
– Proficiently use Microsoft Office computer programs; project management software experience preferred
– Valid driver’s license
– Ability to physically perform the duties of the position and to work in conditions required of a position in this type
– Attend and participate in occasional evening and weekend activities
– Interest in and commitment to the mission of the Fairmount Park Conservancy
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Conservancy offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision, as well as life, disability and retirement plans.
The Fairmount Park Conservancy does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, gender or sexual orientation and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Thank you for your interest in the Fairmount Park Conservancy. Please send a formal letter of interest, resume, three work related references and salary requirements attached as either PDF or Word documents to email@example.com with “Business Development Manager” in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or mailed applications. Deadline for application is April 14, 2014. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.