Business Alliance for Local Living Economies Conference
Posted by on December 15, 2008
Conference Registration is Now Open!
Sign up today for your biggest savings.
Pre-Conference Seminars May 21 | Main Conference May 21-23
Communities across North America are meeting the challenges of climate change and the economic recession by building local self-reliance and supporting their independent businesses.
The seventh annual BALLE conference is the place for independent business owners, social entrepreneurs, and all those interested in building strong local economies to discover and discuss how local, independent businesses will shape and influence the new economy. The 2009 BALLE conference will showcase the many ways that local networks of independent businesses are already building the next North American economy; one that is local, green, and fair.
This movement is growing! Locally owned businesses are cooperating to build local living economies, adopt sustainable practices, create green jobs, and generate new sustainable economic activity.
Join leaders of BALLE business networks, economic development managers, independent business owners, local government officials, and community leaders to learn what’s working in the realms of community capital, independent retail, renewable energy, green building, sustainable agriculture, zero-waste manufacturing, and much more.
Come to Denver from May 21 to 23 and join the business community that is rising to the challenge.
The BALLE Team
Doug, Mary, Ann, Todd and Lauren
As usual, early registrants get the best deal – $150 off conference registration!
Encourage your friends and colleagues to register now for the conference and pre-conference seminars.
All the Latest Concepts for Successful Living Economy Businesses and BALLE Networks
Topics will include:
* Community Capital in the Green Economy
* Successful Local First Campaigns
* Creating Green Jobs in a Local Economy
* Profitable Green Business Solutions
* Public Policy for Local Living Economies
* Local Food and Sustainable Agriculture
* Independent Media
* Living Economy Models for Economic Development
* Financing Your Community Business
* BALLE and the Global Economy
* Regional Manufacturing in a Living Economy
* Sourcing Fair Trade
* and so much more!
Great Hotel Rates
We’ve reserved a room block at Denver’s independent Curtis Hotel just a few blocks from the conference venue. Single and double rooms are just $139 per night.
For more information and to register, visit the conference website or http://livingeconomies.org.
- Submit a Proposal for the HIV Prevention and Education Virtual Conference – Mar 24
- National Service-Learning Conference Student Showcase – Deadline Extended – Feb 26
- Frontiers of Social Innovation: People, Power, Resources: Enacting an Equitable Future – May 11-13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.