Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR)
Building a Culture of Curiosity to Empower Your Team and Your Constituents – Feb 20
As children, we exercise curiosity by the minute.
As adults, we need to relearn how to use it.
As leaders, we need to foster it across our organizations.
Join us on February 20 for a complimentary SSIR Live! program, where we will examine why and how organizations can foster a culture of curiosity to advance workplace equity and inclusion.
This complimentary SSIRLive! program will explore:
- How to avoid the “culture of genius” trap and encourage curiosity
- How cultivating curiosity can empower employees, customers, and advance workplace equity
- A practical tool called, “Listen for Good” for channeling curiosity into continuous learning, improvement, and innovation
- A case study on how channeling curiosity transformed one nonprofit organization’s business model
- Zander Lurie is CEO of SurveyMonkey. Under his leadership, the firm has fostered a culture of curiosity that helps surface cutting-edge ideas and bring innovation to the forefront, resulting in inspiring initiatives like new vendor benefit standards for extended team and SurveyMonkey for Good.
- Fay Twersky is the director of effective philanthropy at the William and Flora Hewlett foundation. She cochairs a funder collaborative – Fund for Shared Insight – dedicated to building the field of feedback and developing tools to gather clients input, including “Listen for Good” on SurveyMonkey’s platform.
- Benilda Samuels is COO of Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP), a highly research-driven program to help young mothers become the best mothers they can be. Nurse-Family Partnership works with young mothers to promote healthy pregnancies, child development, and economic independence. Samuels is passionate about seeking client input and NFP has used it to transform its business model.
Interactive:// This program will be conducted as a lively, interactive session. You’re encouraged to ask the speakers questions during the webinar to explore the topic further. The speakers will answer some additional questions after the broadcast in the “Comment Box” at the bottom of the program page. You are welcome to interact with them.
Real-world Examples: Our expert panelists will share innovative examples of how curiosity is the secret sauce of continuous learning and improvement, and how employee and clients can generate the best ideas for their organizations’ effectiveness and customer experience. Join us for this thought-provoking conversation about how asking for input, and acting on it, can advance workplace equity and innovation and empower stakeholders.
Who Should Attend? This SSIR Live! program is valuable for all leaders, including board members, and program officers for nonprofits and funders, who can build curiosity in the workplace. Participants will come out of this program with a better understanding of why empowering both employees and customers to share ideas fosters inclusion and innovation.
On-Demand Version: Register and access the recording of the live event on-demand three hours after the webinar ends and anytime over the next 12 months. Log in with your registered email address here.
Price for this webinar: $0. Register for FREE for this webinar, sponsored by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation. Your registration provides you with access to the live interactive webinar, downloadable slides, and unlimited access to the recorded webinar video for 12 months from the date of broadcast.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.