Bridging the Gap Between Public Health, Energy Efficiency, And Poverty
Posted by Philadelphia Energy Authority on November 21, 2016
Event Title: Bridging the Gap Between Public Health, Energy Efficiency, And Poverty
Date: Wed, November 30, 2016
Time: 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Location: PECO Energy Hall (2301 Market St. Philadelphia, PA 19103)
Registration Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bridging-the-gap-between-public-health-energy-efficiency-and-poverty-tickets-28900749921
Ticket Cost: Free
Join the Philadelphia Energy Authority and Wharton’s Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership for “Bridging the Gap Between Public Health, Energy Efficiency, and Poverty,” on Wednesday, November 30th from 11:30 AM-1:30 PM at PECO’s Energy Hall, as we explore the intersection of these issues and ways to leverage home repair and energy interventions to reduce poverty and improve public health.
Philly is the poorest big city in the nation and has one of the highest rates of home ownership, with an extraordinary number of low-income homeowners. Philadelphians also have a very high energy cost burden compared to other cities, increasing rates of chronic childhood asthma and lead poisoning, and are often in serious need of major home repairs or maintenance. This event will spotlight programs and organizations that engage at the intersection of energy and health and highlight specific initiatives that address poverty, healthy homes, housing preservation and household expense reduction.
The program will consist of three TED-style speaker presentations, and will be followed by Q&A and an informal panel to bring together the core themes. Lunch is generously provided by IGEL. Program development and event planning was led by students from Wharton’s Management 100 course.
- Wes Stewart, Senior Director of Technical Assistance and Legal Services of Green and Healthy Homes Initiative
- Nan Feyler, JD, MPH, Stoneleigh Foundation Fellow & Director of the Housing and Child Welfare Initiative for City of Philadelphia
- Liz Robinson, Executive Director of Energy Coordinating Agency (ECA)
Register for this event online at http://bit.ly/2fxLIHe
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Healing for Healers: Grief and Loss for Caregivers – Oct 30
- Take a Stroll to Raise Awareness for the Health of Black Men and Boys in Philadelphia – Nov 7
- MacArthur Community Advisory Committee Town Hall: Reimagining Public Safety – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.