Breaking Down Barriers to Quality Pre-K
Posted by on November 24, 2008
Save the Date
Dec. 10, 2008
12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Live broadcast from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
2008 Pre-K Now Satellite Conference
Breaking Down Barriers to Quality Pre-K: A National Strategy Session
Viewing sites are scheduled in:
King of Prussia
Mercer County (coming soon)
To find the closest viewing site and to register for the event go to:
PA’s Governor Edward G. Rendell will be featured in the broadcast. Last year, Governor Rendell won the Pre-K Star award from Pre-K Now with your help.
This year’s topic is “Breaking Down Barriers to Quality Pre-K.” The broadcast will feature success stories from communities where pre-k advocates are conquering common implementation challenges that can impact the quality of programs. Here are just some of the lessons and activities you can expect from the conference:
* How local public schools and community-based providers have fostered the collaboration needed for a diverse or mixed delivery system;
* How states have built professional development systems that help all pre-k teachers improve their skills;
* How teachers and administrators have employed innovative tactics to better engage families in pre-k programs;
* How we can make progress on these and other fronts during these tough times for our economy and government budgets.
Time during the broadcast will be reserved for local brainstorming and planning to apply shared lessons, discuss other challenges, and celebrate victories in your area.
For questions and information contact: Diane Barber, Early Childhood Education Director, PPC at 717-236-5680 x 210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t see a site near you? Sign-up today to host a site.
To host a site you need access to a satellite dish that can access programming on the “C” analog band or the Dish Network (a.k.a. EchoStar Transmission Satellite System), OR a broadband Internet connection, a computer with software such as Windows Media Player, and a large monitor with speakers or television set that can be connected to the computer.
For more information on how you can host a site visit: (http://www.preknow.org/advocate/conference2008/)
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Three-part fundraising series – Nov 3, 10, 17
- Save the Date: Virtual Symposium & Publishing Workshop – Jan 14-15
- Rebuild Ready: Access to Capital & Financing Info Session – Nov 5
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.