Bowdoin College: Bowdoin Votes
Posted by HE-SVE Forum on September 1, 2020
Bowdoin College in Maine Just sent out this info to all its students. This may help you in organizing your outreach to college students.
Bowdoin Votes here, and we’ve got 3 things to talk about:
- Get Involved. Regardless of whether you are eligible to cast a ballot, there are so many ways to have an impact on the decisions that affect your community. A big one to consider this fall is to be a poll worker to ensure a safe, fair, efficient election for all voters. Get started here.
- Vote if you can this fall. We can help you think through where you’ll vote, but wherever you decide, the easiest way to get it done is with our TurboVote tool. Living on campus? It knows all the dorm addresses! Polling place moving? TV sends updates. Don’t have a printer? If your state requires paper forms, TV can mail you them to you along with a pre-addressed, pre-stamped return envelope. Be a voter and sign up for TurboVote.
- Bowdoin Votes needs you. We are hiring a big group of student organizers (think Eco Reps but for democracy) to collectively provide 1-on-1 consultation and ongoing follow-up to every Bowdoin student, regardless of location. Apply on JobX to be a Voting Captain Organizer or Maine Students Vote Fellow.
Special note: If you have been displaced from campus housing by the pandemic and want to register to vote in Brunswick, we do not yet know whether that will be possible. Watch our website for updates as we receive them.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Call for Presenters: Keeping Volunteers Connected: The Covid-19 Edition – Jan 27
- Hear Me Out Dialogue Series: Will I Be Vaccinated? – Jan 27
- Interest in Hosting a Summer Associate for 2021 – Jan 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.