The Kresge Foundation
Boosting Opportunities for Social and Economic Mobility for Families
The Kresge Foundation has announced a $3.6 million funding opportunity to strengthen partnerships between community colleges and human services nonprofits that connect people with low incomes in cities to critical human service supports and educational pathways that advance social and economic mobility.
Through the BOOST funding opportunity, Kresge will award up to eight grants of up to $450,000 each to qualifying partnerships between community colleges and nonprofit human services nonprofits.
To be eligible:
- Partnerships must include at least one community college and at least one nonprofit human services organization
- Human services nonprofits should advance the social and economic mobility of their clients using a two-generation, whole family approach and exhibit the qualities of Next Generation human services organizations, which:
- Are person-centered.
- Are outcomes-based.
- Are data-driven.
- Apply a racial equity lens.
- Focus on greater sector impact and systems change.
- Community colleges must be members of the Achieving the DreamNetwork
For additional information, please refer to the following resources:
- Funding Opportunity Guidelines (click on download link at the bottom of the page)
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- A preview of Narrative Questions in the application
- An example budget template
- A Fluxx Guide and Preview that provides instructions for the application process
Completed applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on July 26, 2019.
For more information, please register to attend a webinar at 12:30 p.m. (EST) Thursday, June 27, 2019.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.