Beyond the Central Park Five: What You Need To Know To Protect You & Your Family, June 20
Join the Black Male Development Symposium on Thursday, June 20, 2019, 6-9 PM at Arcadia University, 450 South Easton Road, Commons Great Room, Glenside, PA 19038, as we discuss Ava Duvernay’s latest project “When They See Us” and how the circumstances of the Central Park Five are still very prevalent and relevant today.
We will be joined by a variety of community voices of influence for a robust discussion, including:
- Keir Bradford -Grey, Chief Defender, Defender Association of Philadelphia
- G. Lamar Stewart – Former Philadelphia Police Officer, Director of Community Engagement, Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office
- David Miller, Author and founder Dare to Be King Project
- Connie Grier, Re-entry Family Advocate
- Michael Coard, Esq., Activist and Host TV Courtroom & Radio Courtroom (WURD Radio)
- Troy H. Wilson, Esq., Wilson & Wilson Law Office
- Leslie Faith Jones, Esq., Policy & Advocacy Director, Montgomery County Office of the Public Defender
- Dean Beer, Esq., Chief Public Defender of Montgomery County
Co-sponsored by The Calm Society, The Black Alumni Association of Arcadia University, & the Arcadia University Pan African Studies Program.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.