Best Practices for LGBTQ Youth in Foster Care
Posted by Philadelphia Family Pride on March 5, 2019
This series brings renowned speakers from across the country to present on their work in addressing the needs, challenges and outcomes facing lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning youth and their families involved in the child welfare system. Scroll down for info on each date and registration links.
March 14, 2019 – 2:00pm-3:30pm
Featuring: SHAUNA LUCADAMO, MPA
“Moving a child welfare system to be more affirming for LGBTQ youth: an overview of strategies, challenges and lessons learned.”
Hosted by USciences – McNeil Science and Technology Center
4308 Woodland Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Be able to identity at least three strategies that can be used to facilitate culture change in a child welfare agency.
- Gain a better understanding of the challenges that may be encountered when working towards system level change.
- Become familiar with the steps necessary to lay the foundation to begin culture change work.
Click here to register.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Stern Community Lawyering Clinic: Public Benefits Webinar – Aug 18
- Webinar: Latinos in Leadership – 8/19
- Forward Equitable Development Conference Conversation #3 – Aug 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.