Benefits Community Liaison, Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity
Posted by City of Philadelphia on July 21, 2020
The Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity (CEO) provides leadership on issues of economic justice by advancing racial equity and inclusive growth to ensure that all Philadelphians share in the citys prosperous future and by alleviating the immediate impact of poverty on individuals, families and communities. CEO is Philadelphias Community Action Agency (CAA); CAAs are private or public agencies created by the 1964 Economic Opportunity Act and federally designated to receive Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) funding.
The Benefits Community Liaison provides internal and external administrative support within CEO as well as mobile ancillary services including, but not limited to, benefits screening, scheduling and enrollment confirmation, community outreach, information and referral to services to CEOs Benefits Access Centers, community partners and the City of Philadelphia within vulnerable communities. The Benefits Community Liaison will report to the Benefits Access Unit Manager with assigned duties from the Director of Operations.
- Provide superior services that demonstrate the responsiveness of the City of Philadelphia, Office of Community Empowerment & Opportunity to community needs, providing enhanced visibility, and positive impact.
- Coordinate with the CEO Operations Department to comply with maintenance standards and policies of mobile office and City issued vehicles.
- Document services provided and develop resource guide appropriate for clients demonstrated needs to maximize assessments of services provided and create an auditable paper trail to demonstrate information and referrals given to residents.
- Provide direct assistance and services to residents and communities requesting assistance, including helping provider staff on confirming benefits and screening program participants for benefits and providing information and referrals.
- Interview clients and assess provided information to establish the nature of assistance needed and to determine their eligibility for benefits and entitlement programs.
- Answer consumer questions about entitlement programs, eligibility, and application procedures.
- Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements, application details and payment methods.
- Screen and assist clients in preparing applications and forms for services and when appropriate refer applicants to other agencies for assistance.
- Document and evaluate personal and financial data to verify completeness and accuracy, and to determine eligibility status.
- Collect information from clients to identify and report on the result of the services rendered.
- Work with supervisor to assess challenges facing residents and mobile office in providing benefits services and successful enrollment for clients, suggest solutions, and implement those changes as directed by supervisor.
- Work with the Director of Operations to satisfy internal and external administrative support and in complying with preventative maintenance schedule and other duties and responsibilities as they relate to the mobile office and other City issued vehicles.
- Keep records of services rendered in agencys data collection system.
- Use data collection software to assess client needs and information and referrals provided.
- Detail challenges and successes in outreach projects with community and suggest solutions to resolve challenges.
- Identify and report gaps in services and environmental changes and/or events that will impact residents and communities.
- Provide technical assistance for community partners serving low-income clients by collecting and conveying information and resources to connect their clients to key benefits and services.
- Represent the agency at community events.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate community outreach programs.
- Provide community residents with information regarding City of Philadelphia services that will impact their quality of life.
- Establish, maintain, and formalize relationships with other agencies and organizations in community to meet community needs and to ensure that services complement one another.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.