Mayor's Office of Community Empowerment & Opportunity
Benefits Access Coalition: Utility Assistance Programs
You are invited to the October meeting of the
Philadelphia Benefits Access Coalition
October 4, 2018, 2:00 – 4:30 pm
Utilities Assistance 101 will cover LIHEAP and much more!
Topics will include eligibility criteria, the application process, and the appeal process for programs such as:
- LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program), Basic Grant and Crisis Grant
- PECO’s Customer Assistance Program (CAP)
- PGW’s Customer Responsibility Program (CRP)
- Philadelphia Water Department’s Tiered Assistance Program (TAP)
Expert trainers from UESF and Community Legal Services (CLS)will be on hand to review program details and answer all of your questions. You will also learn about opportunities to take action in support of utility assistance and other critical benefits.
The Philadelphia Benefits Access Coalition is a forum where Philadelphia based social service providers, case managers, enrollment specialists, policy analysts, community organizations and residents can come together to:
- Learn about program eligibility and application requirements;
- Keep up-to-date on any proposed changes at the federal and state level;
- Create networks to share problems encountered in the field and best practices;
- Work with legislators and policymakers to improve access to critical social safety net programs.
The Coalition will offer bi-monthly training sessions in 2018. Come share your ideas for future training topics!
Date and Time
Thursday, October 4, 2018, 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Community Behavioral Health, 801 Market Street, Room 1154A
Enter on North 8th Street.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.