Bench2BUSINESS 2008 for scientists of color
Posted by on September 22, 2008
Bench2BUSINESS 2008 is a conference and awards celebration designed specifically for aspiring and established scientists, researchers, and physicians of color. These events take place on November 8 & 9 in Philadelphia. Detailed information about the program, keynote speakers, panelists, and registration is on the website: http://www.bench2business.org.
Highlights of bench2BUSINESS 2008 include:
* A conversation with Ted Love, M.D., a pioneering biotech entrepreneur and Chairman and CEO, Nuvelo, Inc., about leadership in the life sciences
* A session with Yvonne Greenstreet, M.D., Senior V-P, GlaxoSmithKline, about opportunities for collaboration between pharma and biotech ventures
* A Paths to Entrepreneurship panel with experienced scientist-entrepreneurs giving the insiders’ view about running a bioscience venture
* A hands-on case study session with well known business advisors and investors about turning a discovery into a venture
* A networking reception for participants to meet one-on-one with industry advisors and investors
* An awards presentation honoring the contributions of two scientists of color and featuring guest speaker Bradley T. Sheares, Ph.D., former CEO, Reliant Pharmaceuticals.
You can support this initiative by:
* Identifying scientists, researchers and physicians of color who would benefit from the conference and encourage them to register and attend.
* Nominating scientists of color that meet the qualifications for the two bench2Business awards, which will be announced at the celebration on November 9. The advisory board is accepting nominations for the awards until September 30. Criteria and nomination forms can be downloaded from the website: http://www.bench2business.org/nominate-awardees
* Spreading the word about the conference and awards ceremony by placing an announcement on your website or in your newsletter, posting flyers, etc.
Please feel free to contact bench2BUSINESS staff at 215 384 1944 should you have any questions.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Three-part fundraising series – Nov 3, 10, 17
- Save the Date: Virtual Symposium & Publishing Workshop – Jan 14-15
- Rebuild Ready: Access to Capital & Financing Info Session – Nov 5
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.