BELL Building Early Links for Learning, Manager
Posted by People's Emergency Center (PEC) on November 17, 2020
The BELL Manager will be responsible for coordinating PEC’s Philadelphia-wide effort to cultivate and maintain cohesive and collaborative relationships between the shelter and early childhood systems. Manager will ensure that the project is supportive of shelter staff to encourage enrollment of young children staying in emergency shelter into high quality early learning programs. The BELL Manager is responsible for the management and operation of the service, while supervising at least four staff, working with consultants, and ensuring compliance with the funding grant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The BELL Manager will lead staff to encourage integrated service delivery among the emergency, transitional, permanent supportive housing (EH/TH/PSH) with the early learning sectors. The BELL Manager will lead and supervise BELL staff to:
- Engage with partner EH/TH/PSH agencies to monitor family preferences about participating in early learning programs
- Support shelter staff to help families apply for early learning subsidies and identify and enroll in quality early learning programs;
- Train EH/TH/PSH staff on child development facts, practices, and principles;
- Advise the EH/TH/PSH system on developmental impacts of practices and policies;
- Connect and coordinate efforts across EH/TH/PSH, early learning and other systems that serve homeless young children
- Work with PEC’s data contractor to utilize data to monitor progress and evaluate impact;
- Collaborate with PEC’s Policy department in support of early learning system policies at the city, state, and federal levels.
- Center for Black Educator Development – Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunity – Dec 31
- Digital Technology Manager, OIC of America – Dec 18
- Director of Intensive Behavioral Health Services, Public Health Management Corporation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.