Basic and Intermediate Excel for nonprofits
Posted by on February 9, 2009
Next TechCamp online, February 19 – build your skills with Microsoft Excel. Sign Up Now!
Basic Excel (more info at progressivetech.org)
* Create a basic spreadsheet
* Utilize a few formulas
* Link spreadsheets
* Formatting for on and off screen
12:00 – 1:00pm Eastern
Intermediate Excel (more info at progressivetech.org)
* Filtering and sorting
* Address parsing
* Creating charts and graphs
* Understanding and using pivot tables
2:00 – 3:00pm Eastern
We intend to repeat sessions in the spring, so recommend that you pick ONE session to attend and use the detailed notes on our website to help you identify the session that is the best fit for your needs.
Sessions are held online and include access to our online forums for additional help after the session is complete.
PTP’s TechCamp Online sessions all follow this general outline:
1. (3 minutes) Introduction to session, presenter, and group
2. (5 minutes) Review session objectives – what does this session cover
3. (37 minutes) Teach skills enumerated in session objectives. We will teach each skill as follows:
o Presenter will explain the skill
o Presenter will demonstrate the skill
o Participants will have a few minutes to practice skill/ask questions
o Presenter will repeat demonstration
4. We will go down the list of skills, following this method. At the end of the skill instruction, we will have 15 minutes that are available for additional practice and questions for any interested participants. The
extra practice and questions are completely optional.
Intermediate level sessions feature more flexibility and a tighter focus on questions from participants. If you have specific skills you are would like to see covered, please follow the instructions sent to you
when you register. While we can’t accommodate all requests, we will do our best to address your questions
Cost for each session is $20. Sign up now or contact us with any questions you have.
Don’t forget about Publisher training in March, PowerPoint in April, and graphics basics using Paint.NET in May. Details at http://www.progressivetech.org/Program/Training/techcamp_online.htm
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar on Emerging Adults: Myths & Facts: Why The Huge Disparities? – Mar 25
- Webinar: Emerging Adults: Why Are They Different? – Mar 11
- Critical Methods in Service Learning – Feb 25 & Mar 4
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.