August is Family Fun Month, Free Library of Phila.
Posted by Free Library of Philadelphia on August 3, 2021
Did you know that August is Family Fun Month?
From summer reading activities and outdoor storytimes to movie nights and mindfulness programs, the Free Library is a great place to make memories with the whole family!
Here’s a sampling of what you can expect to find this month:
- The Bird Lover’s Club for Kids at the Chestnut Hill Library meets weekly to learn about bird behavior through interactive activities, stories, and crafts! These activities are ideal for kids ages three and above, and siblings are welcome.
- Join us in Shakespeare Park on Saturday, August 7 at 10:30 a.m. for a special event to close out Summer of Wonder 2021! Local author Janay Anderson will read her book I Love My Curls and teach us about hair positivity and self-love!
- Join the Lillian Marrero Library for Cinema in the Grass, an outdoor movie day at the library, Thursday, August 12 at 2:30 p.m.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- 68th Annual Conference of the Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies – Oct 11
- PHL AC Alumni Chapter Vision for National Service Event – Sep 22
- PHAN’s 2021 Virtual Health Conference – Oct 21-22
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.